I’m often asked if I do Guitar Amp Modifications on personal equipment.
I do and here’s a list of some sample services and mods that are often requested.
First off, you are responsible for shipping costs both ways.
- Basic Run Through of Amp is $99 including parts (except tubes, transformers, multisection caps)
- Test health/reform multisection can capacitor
- Replace all wax paper capacitors
- Check health of all coupling/tone caps replace as needed
- Replace out of spec resistors
- Adjust bias voltages as needed
- Scope waveforms and correct unusual distortion problems.
- Measure power output into 8 ohms just before clipping
- 1 – ¼” Microphone Jack installed
- 1 – ¼” Speaker Jack installed with safety load resistor
- Specialty or boutique caps are available at extra charge
- Other mods / services
- Pentode/Triode (or Heptode/Triode) Switch – $20 Includes materials & installation
- Meter & Bias Mod – $65
- Includes Meter, 2-Pots, Resistors, Wiring, Switch
- Allows adjusting Bias of each output tube to ensure even unmatched tubes are sharing current properly.
- Convert 7868 to 7591 or vice versa – $35 (includes sockets)
- Each additional 1/4″ input or speaker jack $9
- New manufacture tubes are available for purchase at market prices.
- Many NOS, Speciality, & Boutique tubes are available inquire about availability and pricing.
Other items as requested can be done as well…